Thursday, June 21, 2012

There's a little devil in these angel eyes...

I have a confession to make....



....I'm human. No really, I'm dead serious. Or alive serious, I guess. You've got to believe me! I make mistakes-lots of them-most of which I need to repeat (at least once) before I learn from them; I procrastinate; I've buckle under pressure; I usually suffer from time-distortion (the thought that one has more time than they do, or that they can accomplish more in a given amount of time than logically possible); I get distracted, etc...I'm sure you get the picture. But worst of all, I'm a cheater. That's right. I cheat. Alot. Not on my boyfriend and not on tests, and not even on my taxes. But I do cheat on my diet. Faaaar to frequently, though no where NEAR as often as before I started 80/10/10.
That's the glory of this lifestyle. You are filling your body with so many nutrients, so many untainted calories, and most importantly, with so many carbs that your body just doesn't NEED anything else. In fact, as the millions of other 811-ers out there proclaim, it gives you boundless energy to the point that you can't help but move around.
BUT, and there is always a "but," I still have a couple cravings that linger around, most likely from being undercarbed, or from old fixations I have from the past.

What I used to crave What I still crave My healthy substitutions
white chocolate white chocolate cherimoya
milk vanilla almond milk coconut milk
chewy candy chewy candy dried fruit
gum
hookah fresh air or a steam facial w/ lavender oil
cheese cheese nutritional yeast flakes + nama soyu
garlic garlic I'll just have a fresh clove
butter butter tahini w/ nutritional yeast
salt salt celery or nama shoyu
sashimi sushi in general "crushi" or dulse flakes on a steamed potato
red bean paste mochi red bean paste mochi dates + 1 cherry + matcha

Some rules I unapolegetically break on a regular basis:
  1. I refuse to tan in the nude. Not in Cleveland, Ohio anyways.
  2. Shampoo. I just can't give up the lather or clean feeling to go no-poo. Plus, I sleep next to my bf and that's just rude to go greasing up our pillows on a daily basis. Especially in the summer.
  3. Honey. This is the biggest one. I don't know what it is about it, but I L-O-V-E the stuff. I justify my consumption by supporting local farmers who I know treat their bees ethically. 
  4. I use nutritional yeast flakes. It's not 80/10/10, but it's still raw. 
  5. I use tampons. Sorry, environment, but there's no way I'm going to use those menstrual cups. 
  6. I drink wine on occasion. But I make sure it's vegan. My fave is La Chaudouillonne Sancerre 2007.  I also drink vegan beer. Not much, because it makes me puffy (not to mention tipsy-fast). Personally, I like anything from Abita Brewing Company. Check out Barnivore to see if what you're drinking is vegan-friendly. 
  7. I eat steamed potatoes. I know, I know, not raw. BUT it does help me carb up. BIGTIME. Especially before a race or long run. 
  8. I also like sea veggies. I don't care if monkeys don't eat them. I realize we evolved from monkeys and should eat like them, but monkeys themselves evolved from something right? Probably something that ate sea veggies. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I love them wrapped around "crushi" and they're a life-saving replacement for salt. 
  9. I don't mind vinegar in my salads though I don't have it very much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment